I totally bought Kannagi even though I didn’t watch it. $35 for 7 episodes :o
I also didn’t take notes, so I’d better write this down before I forget any of it…
Facts about Yamakan:
- He is cool
- He composed the Haruhi dance in his apartment while standing on his bed
- He recommends Summer Wars by possibly-acclaimed director Mamoru Hosoda
- He doesn’t actually hate slightly-more-acclaimed director Akiyuki Shinbo
- He probably shouldn’t have made three dancing anime in a row
- “If I said I didn’t like any other directors, people would yell at me on the Internet again”
Highlights of his panels included an Asian guy, possibly from a mysterious land known as “#denpa”, dancing the Kannagi OP.
Facts about Kikuko Inoue:
- She was a fish in a previous life.
- She “knows this”.
- She spent half of her panel asking Hidenori Matsubara to let her be in the next Eva movie. (He offered to let her be Pen-Pen)
- People in the audience thought Maikaze and games were recorded differently from anime, but they weren’t.
- She can remember how to sing the Ah My Goddess opening, but not Cruel Angel’s Thesis. But she did her best!
- Only girls can join her 17-year-old club, because it’s more bittersweet.
Tomorrow I’m going to do something other than sitting in guest Q&A panels, I hope. Like sitting in Surat’s panels.